After 23 years in the medical devices industry, working for international companies, I have decided in 2018 to work as a freelancer/consultant in the human factors engineering and sustaining fields.
While Usability and Sustaining have always been my core focuses, I have had the opportunity to develop during my biomedical engineer career a deep and broad skills set that I want to give my customers the benefit of:
- User interfaces definition and evaluation
- Sustaining: vigilance cases failure investigation and correction
- Upstream and downstream marketing, Product development, Applied technology, Management, Project management, Design control, System engineering, Risk management, Clinical evaluation, member of ISO/TC121/SC3 standards writing, working accross the globe...
- Co-author of the upcoming French medical industry union (SNITEM) guidance on Usability engineering for medical devices
- Close cooperation with users to detect needs and wants
- From Life support devices (critical care, emergency, anesthesia, homecare respiratory care) to more simple devices such as sleep apnea therapy orthesis.